From writing a will to being represented at a police station there are many ways that a good solicitor can be useful and in many cases, invaluable.
Hiring a solicitor isn’t something any of us would plan to do but there are certain occasions in our lifetime when receiving legal expertise can be both valuable and necessary. A high percentage of the UK population will purchase a house and require a solicitor at some point in their life. This is the type of situation many would expect to be one of the few times they will deal with a solicitor but think about issues that can come up during a lifetime:
Nobody likes to think about the worst things happening but bad things can happen so it is worth knowing that receiving expert legal advice from a solicitor can make a difficult or distressing situation that bit easier.
If you have a legal problem
You may want to see a solicitor for advice to fully understand your situation legally and allow for peace of mind. Some people do not seek legal advice due to financial concerns; you may be surprised to hear that we offer free first advice from a qualified solicitor. This means that you can discuss your situation and receive expert legal advice from a specialist solicitor at no cost to you and with no obligation to take things further. Above this we operate with no hidden costs meaning you will be given estimates of legal fees in advance and be kept informed of any changes (should changes happen).
If you’re asking yourself ‘do I need a solicitor?’ and searching the Internet for the answer, chances are you do. Every case is different so there is no ‘one size fits all’ response to your legal concern; there may be circumstances or influencing factors that make your situation completely different from those which are posted online.
There are a number of DIY packages available on the market to give individuals the opportunity to carry out their own legal issues without support from a solicitor. The law can be complicated so receiving expert advice from a solicitor who has had legal training coupled with in depth knowledge can allow for your peace of mind as well as ensuring that the work completed is legally correct and fit for purpose.
Reasons to use a solicitor:
- Solicitors are trained thoroughly and will have been rigorously tested in their knowledge of the law so you can be confident that they will understand your legal position.
- Within a firm of solicitors there will be a wealth of experience, more than likely your solicitor will have helped out many individuals who are in the same position as you.
- Solicitors must have professional indemnity insurance and work to a code of conduct.
- Having a go at DIY packages, such as trying to write your own will can result in mistakes which can in some cases make the document not worth the paper it is written on.
- A solicitor will listen to your situation and offer advice but they may be able to highlight aspects of your case that you did not realise were an issue.
- Gain a clear understanding of the law and how it relates to you or your business, this can be done before a legal issue arises allowing you to create strategies to avoid such issues.
If you would like to find out more please browse through our website or contact us for more information. We offer FREE first advice.
How Do I Find A Solicitor?
Whether you’re after initial free legal advice, information about a compensation claim or any other legal issue please get in touch to speak to a specialist solicitor.
We are based in St Helens, Merseyside which is a short commute from Liverpool and Warrington. Our team of legal experts can offer their specialist advice to clients right across the North West and beyond.